READ UP

Sunday 28 June 2015

Ring(s) Recee

So where should I begin with this entry on rings. Mister F and I have been discussing on the budget on the rings we gonna get. Most people says that "Diamond is a girl/women best friend". Technically for me, after understanding where real diamonds come from and people got killed for it, I shall give diamonds a pass. Or plainly said, it's too costly. But, on this date 27/06/2015, Mister F and I decided to recee on the prices, design of the rings and what's suitable for both of us not forgetting AFFORDABLE. 

Every girl, had their dream wedding rings from a specific brand. For example, Cartier, Bvlgari, Tiffany & Co., etc. Well for me, I have my eyes set on Love & Co. This dream was like back in 2012-ish when I received a brochure from them and I really love their design with different coloured gem-stones/ diamonds. *insert emoticon: heart shaped eyes* Knowing that, it is costly, I gave it a pass, which I did till that very day.


Before that day happened, Mister F and I have decided on the set of rings, we wanted to get which is located at House of Hung, directly opposite Shaw Orchard. A set of rings, -with the guy's ring made of platinum-, cost about $2950 nett. I thought it was not that bad as I know that guy's ring is EXPENSIVE when it comes to platinum-made. Why not gold? Muslim men can't wear gold because it haram *forbidden*. I decided to go for a ring hunt before purchasing that ring(s).


I was on morning shift and could not wait for the shift to end. Dropping by, St. Regis, to meet up a couple of friends whom decided to stayca for the weekend. Which then, join Mister F and I for iftar at CoffeeBean TeaLeaf. 




















Our very first stop, was ORRO. I did not manage to take photos in the shop; well I didn't of taking of photos in the first place, so I drew along with the prices at the side. Heh. Particular much. This is to ensure we did not go out of budget; in fact I did not even prepare for a budget. =x We saw a couple designs, which seemed to fit to our liking. I told Mister F that finding girl's ring is easier comparing to guy's! Like so limited and pricey. So in the end, I told him, "Fine. We shall find your ring first then mine. Easier that way!". So we thanked the sales lady and head to another ring store. Fyi, Mister F & I recee places like Soo Kee, Meyson, Leng Heng and other names of Jewellers affordable store only gold; not for wedding bands. We both know that, we are not gonna purchase our wedding bands there. 




Our next ring hunt location is Love & Co. The nearest Love & Co. is ION Orchard. So we head there and thinking we are just gonna just look-look, see-see only. Little did we know, we were entertained by the sales lady and show us the choices of wedding bands they offer. Questions were asked like:

1) Do you have Platinum Rings for men?
2) Are there any other design which come in a set/ mix & match?
3) What are the price quotation?
4) If the rings are custom-made; what are the price range?
5) Are there any stones on men rings?

The kind sales lady showed us a couple of rings and made Mister F try on his fingers. *chey* Got his ring size checked. We stayed at the store for like half an hour, still in search for the ring. Made a comparison of price from House of Hung, ORRO and Love & Co. Which apparently, it was pretty much similar depends on the ring that we both have picked; or it may be much much Affordable then what I've expected it to be. The rings are in a set, apparently the one Mister F picked; I was not too keen on the design for myself. I felt that it was not me; at all. So before, I go for a thorough look in the store, I asked Mister F, "So, which one that you like the most? Are you sure that is the one you want?". And he said to me, "I like this but I know you don't like the girl ring". When he said that, I was like Wahhh!!! He knew me way too well!!! I'm impressed! :) Hee. I told him," It's ok. Since you have decided on that, I shall look around. Who knows, I can find what I like."

I walked around slowly making sure that I didn't missed any designs out. For wedding bands, I was looking for like half-filled ring stones. Like semi-infinity rings. I need to find a ring which can fit nicely with my engagement ring. That ring, which I will wear forever provided I don't gain much on the fingers. Tee hee. Soon enough, I found the ring which will suit perfectly with his. Like SECOCOK! LIKE REALLY! I found it and it's me. I called out to the sales lady, to get that and placed beside the his ring. And guess what, it's the ONE. The ONE set of rings from Love & Co.; that I would like to get for our wedding. I love it so much! I asked Mister F," Whaddya think?! Lawa kan?!" I was elated, estatic, happy and was like WOW, YAY! That sort of feeling; if you know what I meant. The best part was having the awesome, giler, BEST sales lady which entertain my craziness, bubbly self like always. I thank Allah for making the journey of soon-to-be(s), smooth sailing and meeting nice, good people for the wedding preparations. I'm thankful. :) And yes, we sealed the deal. Done-deal, baby.











Paperwork was required as per normal. The sales lady started asking questions:

1) How old are you guys?
2) Are you engaged or going to be engaged/married?
3) What are you working as?
4) How long is your relationship?


She has to guess alot of it! And it was hilarious! Mister F and I had a good time finding for the rings. I was taking photos of the process during the paperwork. The sales lady even layankan by offering to take photos of me and Mister F. Hahahaha... Cute kan?!! While she was serving us, there are alot of other couples come in and out of the store. Mister F commented that most of the guys were dragged by their girlfriends to get into the store and the sales lady said, "You know uh" and she laughed.




















She saw that I drew a couple of rings and the prices by the side, "Wah. You draw the rings so that you will remember. Good. Then he? He just see and remember?" I nodded. Hahahaha. Mister F like shy shy after that. I think, he even more shy when she said he could be a fireman, policeman, body builder fitness trainer all thanks to his upper muscular arms/ bod of his. HAHAHA!!! Ok la awak. You passed! Apart from your age; I'm still young *alhamdullilah* But I bet you like that she literally JAW-DROPPED knowing you're a healthcare worker. >_<vv In the midst of this, we made the deposit of the rings and she gave us another suprise, with a minimum amount spent we got a FREE set of wedding bears- or bear-ers; geddit? Ok, I lame. But heck. Wee! Pretty much set for wedding "tray"s for the rings! AH! Excited much!

And for the finale, she gonna take our picture with Love & Co. backdrop and get it printed! :) HAPPY nyer aku! OK, ct calm yourself down. Btw, the store was full of laughter when we were in the store. Other couples, were just looking serious and hush hush. Lol. Sorry guys. And after all were done, which took us about 1hour plus and we said our goodbye(s) till SEPTEMBER, Ms. Sales Lady! The store supposedly to close at 2130 hours, we left at about 2230 hours. Oops.


It was still early so basically we both were in a dazed and do not have any other plans other than rings hunt. Since, we did not have desserts after iftar, we got $1 ice cream which has increase 20 cents. Mister F picked a spot to sit down and then this dude set up his stuffs and a performance was coming up. Impromptu stuffs always work the best! So after the 15 minutes show, we walked around and found Gundam robots. :) 























And end the day, watching a late night movie Terminator 3. I was still elated and then got super shagged in the movies. Don't mind me, I was from morning shift. Hee. Still I'm a happy goober! I love you, Muhammad Faizul! For everything! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews